Friday, December 4, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
For the first time, after i wash my face, my make up are all washed off. There are no traces of black panda eyes after a shower!!! I am truly converted. I also notice that my pores are smaller and less visible. But it's only been two days. I'll update after a month :)
I also bought Mask 103 to go with it. It also has high reviews. It is a deep cleansing mask. And supposed to suck the dirt out of your pores and give it a good cleanse. I tried it once yesterday and I must say it's pretty good. My face feels clean but not tight after the mask.
In total i paid NZD70 for both. I bought them from ebay and the cleanser was 8ml x 10 mini bottles which is handy cos i can take them to the gym etc. The mask is full size. I think that's pretty cheap! Essentialdayspa.com is expensive. I think if you want to give it a try, buy it on ebay.
I am now using Yonka (or Yon-ka) in conjunction with L'occitane brightening serum (which i bought that day when L'occitane has 20% off *shame*) . I know i know i am a skincare junkie.
*I stopped using skinactives as i am not sure if they are doing anything. I will re-use them after i review Yon-ka and L'occitane. I don't really like the texture of skinactives serum. They look murky and precipitated. *sigh*
Reviews to come:
L'occitane brightening serum
Ginvera Marvel Gel/Hydrating cream/Eye Gel (YES...i bought more stuff at girls day out...*Double shame* )
Sunday, November 15, 2009
I used this diligently for about few months and my eyelash is probably 2x longer?
Ill post a picture of my lashes soon. This is really cheap too. Get it from http://www.skinactives.com/ for USD9.50.
RapidLash did not do anything for me. I nearly finished the whole bottle and nothing happened to my lash. Also i tried Zino lash serum and it doesnt work either. Don't waste your money
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer
This claims to brighten your skin and protect it. It has anti-aging ingredients like DMAE and co-enzyme Q10, Vit A, Vit C and natural glycolic from raw cane sugar
- I love the texture. It's thick cream but not oily at all. It's kinda like apple paste cream. I am not sure if it brightens my complexion but my skin do feel better after i use it. I think it evens out my skintone. I didn't have any break outs after using it. I'll update after a month. I still haven't found my Holy grail sunscreen.
This claims to improve skin tone and texture with hydroxy acid complex
- This has gel like texture. When i first put it on my face, there's a slight stinging sensation which comes from the acid. After i wash it off, my skin do feel smoother. What i like bout this is that it seems to clear my pores (until it gets clogged up again next day) lol
- Note that this product has high review from makeupalley.com
- I think the cheapest is at strawberrynet for NZD51.00 (more discount if you buy more)
- I will highly recommend it for a weekly organic peel. If you don't mind non-organic, perhaps try cheaper option Laneige strawberry peeling gel or Beloved whitening exfoliating gel (reviews to come)
Blemish clearing serum
Claims to reduce blemishes, dark spots and age spots. Contains apple,lemon, raw sugar
- I like this as a "preventive" approach to pimples. I use it after i cleanse my skin (kinda like how i used to use benzoyl peroxide but i read that BP causes dark scars)
- I had a pimple on my forehead that day (non-erupted) and i slathered on a good amount of serum on it. The next day, it was gone.
- So, i think i like it but it still has not got rid of clogged pores on my chin (which i'm on a quest to find the perfect product to do this)
- I find that my whiteheads/blackheads seem to come out easier after i use the Juice beauty range. However, pore size is still the same.
- I will definitely keep using this as a natural way to prevent pimples if you don't like to use benzoyl peroxide. Compared to Aesop camomile mask, i think this is a better alternative to combat pimple. Aesop mask leaves dark scar on my skin when i leave it on for too long (the sales said i can leave it on as a treatment overnight -_-)
Overall, ill probably rate juice beauty a 3.5 out of 5. It didn't do WONDERS to my face but didn't do harm too. I think i like the blemish serum out of all 3. I think it is a bit expensive but since it's organic, it's understandable. It didn't do too much to my pore size (though maybe it's still early )
I've stopped using this day and night because i noticed that freckles became more noticable. Maybe the acid is too strong for me or the sunscreen was not strong enough? Anyway, i'm not too happy about the freckles and it looked like i had lots of blackhead on my nose. So i stopped using this. :(
Reviews to come
- Yonka cleansing gel and mask
- SANA whitening serum
- Aesop range
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Basically, a proven way to grow your eyelash is to use lumigan - applied like an eyeliner. I used this for few weeks. Lumigan is a drug to treat glaucoma. There are concerns about its safety but as long as you don't get it into your eyes, it's fine. There are dermatologists that prescribe this to grow your eyelash.
After using this, i did get noticable growth. I did find my eyelids were slightly red. But otherthan that, i probably increased my length 80%! The annoying thing is after the eyelashes drops off, the new ones that grow are not as long. So i have to start all over again. You can't get this without prescription unless you buy it from online chemist (not sure how trustworthy they are)
Next, i found this little gem in Malaysia - SASA outlet (http://www.sasa.com/).
This is kjinco eyelash growth serum (http://www.kjinco.com/). It costed about NZD40. You can buy them online or by contacting kjinco. I used this and noticed my eyelash has grown 50%. I found this to be slower compared to lumigan.
I have found another lash serum to try. It is new and it's called rapidlash. I've only been on this for 2 days so i will update after a few weeks with pictures.
- micro links - this pulls your hair out and the keratin bond goes white
- weave - this hurts the scalp too much and it itches
I bought the tembond and heater for USD81.00 (plus shipping) and then i went on a quest to search for the right hair.
I decide to go for body wave this time as my hair is wavy in nature. After some research, i was deciding between Ego Remy body wave or Saga Aksent. Then i decided to go for saga due to better reviews.
I'll keep you posted of my progress once they arrive.
Total spent: NZD270
Quoted from hairdresser: NZD540
Sad to say this did not work out for me. When i received the heater, it burnt because i was using different voltage here in NZ. So i bought another one and melt the wax. It was kinda liquidy texture (like water) but it dries so fast. I did not even manage to get one strand onto my hair. The wax dried too fast and i was probably too impatient. But only then did i realize if it takes 10 minutes to try to put the hair on, how long it's gonna take to do the whole head??
The problems are
- The wax does not "catch" your hair that well. What i mean is that when you dip the strand in the wax and put it over your own hair, it doesn't actually catch your hair. All i ended up was a bunch of hair that i cut from the weave with dried up wax at the tip.
- It's actually hard to get the bits of wax off my hair. I had to pry it off and it does not Crumble into dust as advertised.
- I DO NOT HAVE THE PATIENCE. Maybe if i pay someone 300 bucks to do it for me , it will work. But even with the wax dried i don't see how it's going to be comfortable?
- All in all, it was disappointing as i tried 3x and it just didn't work out for me.
In the end, i resorted to braiding method with each strand braided to my hair. I must say this is the most comfortable hair extension i have ever worn but it requires high skilled person to do it for you (probably only asians know how to do it). i got the person's number from trade me. Feel free to leave a comment if you want her number (in Auckland).
By the way, she said the hair i bought from hairsisters.com is fake!!!!!!! Argh! So please beware. Her hair is good though. I paid for her hair and it's real human hair and it doesn't tangle. I have tried so many different hair and hers is the best. (Note: i have even tried hair from the african braiding shop on K Road)