Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hair extensions

I have decided to order the tembond from http://www.manemaxx.com/. I have been wanting to try this system out. I myself have tried the following methods and found them to be unsatisfactory


  • micro links - this pulls your hair out and the keratin bond goes white

  • weave - this hurts the scalp too much and it itches

I bought the tembond and heater for USD81.00 (plus shipping) and then i went on a quest to search for the right hair.


I decide to go for body wave this time as my hair is wavy in nature. After some research, i was deciding between Ego Remy body wave or Saga Aksent. Then i decided to go for saga due to better reviews.


I'll keep you posted of my progress once they arrive.

Total spent: NZD270

Quoted from hairdresser: NZD540

Update 14/11/09

Sad to say this did not work out for me. When i received the heater, it burnt because i was using different voltage here in NZ. So i bought another one and melt the wax. It was kinda liquidy texture (like water) but it dries so fast. I did not even manage to get one strand onto my hair. The wax dried too fast and i was probably too impatient. But only then did i realize if it takes 10 minutes to try to put the hair on, how long it's gonna take to do the whole head??

The problems are

- The wax does not "catch" your hair that well. What i mean is that when you dip the strand in the wax and put it over your own hair, it doesn't actually catch your hair. All i ended up was a bunch of hair that i cut from the weave with dried up wax at the tip.

- It's actually hard to get the bits of wax off my hair. I had to pry it off and it does not Crumble into dust as advertised.

- I DO NOT HAVE THE PATIENCE. Maybe if i pay someone 300 bucks to do it for me , it will work. But even with the wax dried i don't see how it's going to be comfortable?

- All in all, it was disappointing as i tried 3x and it just didn't work out for me.

In the end, i resorted to braiding method with each strand braided to my hair. I must say this is the most comfortable hair extension i have ever worn but it requires high skilled person to do it for you (probably only asians know how to do it). i got the person's number from trade me. Feel free to leave a comment if you want her number (in Auckland).

By the way, she said the hair i bought from hairsisters.com is fake!!!!!!! Argh! So please beware. Her hair is good though. I paid for her hair and it's real human hair and it doesn't tangle. I have tried so many different hair and hers is the best. (Note: i have even tried hair from the african braiding shop on K Road)

No comments:

Post a Comment